Job Search Announced
PART-TIME POSITION: MANAGING DIRECTOR
GIA FORAKIS & COMPANY (GF&CO) | ONE-THOUGHT-ONE-ACTION (OTOA) is launching a search to fill the position of ASSOC. MANAGING DIRECTOR.
The search will be ongoing until the position is filled.
We are more interested in finding the right person than we are in finding our exact job description. What we need most is a pro-active, dedicated, good communicator, who is a team player, with basic production management skill, who is organized, honorable, and has a willingness to learn and grow with us, in exchange for flexible part- time hours and the ability to primarily work from home.
If you are that person and meet some of the criteria outlined below, are open to learning the rest, and think you can enthusiastically offer production support in alignment with our mission then we strongly encourage you to apply.
We look forward to hearing from you.
GF&CO Assoc. Artistic Director
OTOA Managing Director
About GF&CO | OTOA
GF&CO is a not-for-profit studio-lab dedicated to the experimentation, application, application and advancement of One-Thought-One-Action (OTOA)™ technique through art, performance, and ritual.
GF&CO’s Mission is built upon the premise that the arts are where we encounter our humanity, nurture our civility, and fortify our connection to one another. We aim to do this through our commitment to putting One-Thought-One-Action into action by creating projects and hosting events that remind us to foster something larger than our quotidian sense of self.
OTOA is the study and practice of identifying smaller increments of thought as smaller moments of physical action. OTOA is taught as a Performance Technique & Training (OTOA PTT)™ and as a Creative Life Practice (OTOA CLP)™.
OTOA is also the sister enterprise to GF&CO offering workshops, classes, seminars, studio and performance labs that are open to the public, as well as GF&CO member training, residencies, project development, and collaborative productions.
GF&CO Artistic Director, OTOA Founder & Master Teacher, Gia Forakis
GF&CO Associate Artistic Director, OTOA Managing Director, Darya Gauthier
About The Position
We are seeking a creative colleague with practical skills in production management, who is eager and interested in becoming a member of a dynamic and committed team.
The ASSOC. MANAGING DIRECTOR participates in the dialogue, consideration, organization, and actualization of our projects, workshops, events, and marketing.
The ASSOC.. MANAGING DIRECTOR contributes to the supervision and support in the development of GF&CO | OTOA goals and growth in our commitment to enriching our mission, while building innovative ways to strengthen the connection and activities between our two organizations into a cohesive whole.
The Ideal Candidate:
You have some pervious experience in management, and/or production management or stage management skills and enjoy troubleshooting, and coordinating people, places, and things.
You have another primary source of income and do not need this position to provide you with a living wage.
You are organized, dependable, responsible and energetic, have a positive attitude, networking skills, passionate about the arts, and you are good at follow-thru, thinking “four steps ahead”. You are a Good communicator, a “People Person,” and a creative Trouble-Shooter and problem solver with high standards for quality, efficiency, organization, and details.
You have some knowledge or experience in building and managing budgets and Excel Databases/Spreadsheets.
You have some knowledge or experience in contract coordination (for performers, vendors, resources, contractors, unions, etc.) or are willing and enthusiastic to learn.
You have some knowledge or experience in building a Board of Directors or are willing and enthusiastic to learn.
You are interested in advancing your experience, being a part of a creative team in on-going dialogue within a small, creative organization, and seeking a compatible creative enterprise where your management and production skills will support
a unique arts organization and a team of committed artists.
You are excited about our mission, energetic and engaged in investing in the GF&CO | OTOA creative vision and interested to attending OTOA and/or GF&CO events and workshops, and you are ready to make a commitment to this position through December 2020.
Assoc. Managing Director Duties:
· Administrative Leader and contributor to the management, production, growth, and vision of GF&CO | OTOA
· Member of the decision making team that affects the infrastructure of the GF&CO | OTOA present and future; a sounding board and creative thinker in the process of building GF&CO | OTOA
· Ambassador of GF&CO | OTOA and all of its activities, taking pride in advancing and maintaining the vision and principles of GF&CO | OTOA
· Manager, Coordinator and Consultant between all project participants, including but not limited to: artists, designers, producers, institutions, unions, vendors, fiscal sponsors, and others
· Create a positive and rewarding work environment that attracts, develops, and retains highly qualified people and resources through positive motivation and effective and respectful delegation of activities
· Balance artistic objectives with administrative and financial feasibility and responsibility
· Answer to the Artistic Director
· Plan and support the production and leadership of all GF&CO |OTOA events, workshops and activities, and strategies.
Areas Of Responsibility Include:
· Managing Union Contracts, Waivers, Tax Documents, Insurance and other legal documents
· Supervising all physical and financial elements for productions and events (such as: contracts, scheduling of caterers, payment, staffing, transportation, load in, strike etc.)
· Supervising activities regarding imaginative and effective marketing of events (such as: Mailing List, Email Blasts, Press Materials, Net-Serve Postings, Paid Listings, Press Agents, …etc.)
· Overseeing management of finances, receipts and operating budget in conjunction with Business Manager (QuickBooks knowledge a plus, but not required)
· Participating in Think Tank Production Meetings 2-4 times a year: planning of goals and objectives for OTOA|GF&CO’s short-range and long-term creative and business strategies with a focus on administrative and support functions that directly contribute to achieving the OTOA|GF&CO vision and brand
· Building new resources and avenues for strategic growth (such as residencies, capital assets, Board of Directors, etc.)
· Networking & Community Building: Liaison with Brooklyn Businesses & Community Leaders (Such as: Businesses, Schools, Community Centers, Churches, Restaurants… for contributions-in-kind and/or Ad Space for programs, creative resources, etc.)
· Assisting in building and cultivating relationships with patrons, corporate and foundation sponsors, producers, other resources, the not-for-profit community, and the local, national, and international Performance Community at large.
· Supporting, organizing, consulting on and coordinating all public, closed-door, and developmental events, including: Workshops, Salons, Readings, Residencies, Productions, Auditions, Social Events, Fundraising Events, Company Events, etc.
Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel); Writing & Proofing skills; Vertical Response Database (helpful but not necessary); Social Media Management
· Currently, the position of Assoc. Managing Director is considered a Freelance Part-Time position (independent contractor)
· The hours vary based on project-load and availability. When not in production, the weekly hours are approximately 6-8 hours per week
· When we are in production, these hours may increase to approximately 10-20 hours per week
· The time commitment is based on the motivation, innovation, and organization of the candidate
· We remain flexible to all GF&CO | OTOA administrative and creative team members and schedules and their other means of financial support
· Outside of events, projects, workshops and productions, the majority of the work for GF&CO | OTOA can be done from the candidate’s home, with a bi-monthly production meeting in person, with occasional Skype or FaceTime updates
· We are looking for a commitment through January 2020 (to see us though the completion of an on-going performance project, as well as all other peripheral events and workshops in the OTOA | GF&CO yearly calendar)
Remuneration Package Includes:
o A yearly stipend of $500, which can be distributed either in two payments (every six months--depending on start date) or all at once at the end of December
o Part-Time, Flexible Hours working primarily from home
o Full GF&CO Company Member status, which includes FREE participation in any of our scheduled OTOA workshops/offerings
o Travel & Housing at our Annual Vermont Residency, 4-10 days in mid-August
o GF&CO | OTOA supports the artistic and professional advancement of all our members. We are dedicated to making it possible for all our members to take work outside of GF&CO | OTOA projects and we juggle schedules or cover duties as necessary (early alerts to schedule conflicts are greatly appreciated).
o GF&CO | OTOA Training & Membership to our growing network of theater artists are the most valuable commodities in our remuneration package. At the core of what GF&CO | OTOA has to offer is an Artistic Home.
Summary of Practical Details:
· TIME COMMITMENT: Approximately 6-8 HOURS per week, with more during lead-up to dates of production or on days of an event (approximately up to 10-20)
· REMUNERATION PACKAGE includes: A yearly stipend of $500; Free Workshops; Flexible Hours; Travel & Housing at our Annual Vermont Residency in mid-August
· START DATE: TBD
· LOCATION: Work from home with occasional meetings via Skype/FaceTime or in person 1-2 times per month at our Office-Studio in South-West Park Slope, Brooklyn (OCEAN PARKWAY: F, G, B, Q Trains)
· MINIMUM JOB COMMITMENT: Through December 2020
How to Apply:
1. If you have the required qualifications outlined above please email your submission to Darya Gauthier: GFandCOinfo@gmail.com
2. Email Subject Header: “Producing Director Job Applicant ”
3. INCLUDE COVER LETTER: Please State:
Why This Job Interests You? Why This Might Be A Good Fit For You?
4. INCLUDE RESUME
5. INCLUDE REFERENCES: List 2-3 Employment References and Their Contact Information
NO PHONE CALLS and NO VISITS (unless contacted)
NO HEAD HUNTERS
Applicants will be contacted within 5-10 days of submission
~Thank You for your cooperation,
and we look forward to hearing from you!